January 2, 2011

We wish you a merry jingly!

Day 2

It somehow became a tradition - every Christmas, Katie gets me a GIR-related item of clothing. This year was no exception.

We met at Friendly's for lunch and ice cream, and she handed me a package. The wrapping paper had penguins on it - already the perfect gift. After we had ordered our food, I carefully stripped the wrapping paper off the box and read the name scrawled on the back: "Steve."

I looked up at Katie. "This is for Steve..."

"Yeah, it's for Steve," she laughed. "I re-use boxes."

After I promised I would regift that very box to someone else next year, I opened the lid and pulled out my new GIR shirt. She had said she wanted to get me the one that said "Merry Jingly," but they didn't have it. This one is perfect though, and I will wear it proudly. Along with the pajama pants, the long-sleeved shirt, the socks, and the shoelaces...

Thanks Kate! You're the best!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it! I think the bow on your head is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete