Day 4
The little fella I'm pointing to is known simply as Keyboard Monkey. He has been my companion since my Vitamin World days. I know I got him from a vending machine, and it may have been with PXF's money. So maybe I got one good thing out of that relationship.
Keyboard Monkey, as his name implies, lives on my keyboard at work. He's quite happy there. I even took him to Tampa with me. I nearly had a panic attack when somewhere around Maryland, I thought I might have forgotten him. But no, there he was in the pocket of my work bag. As I was packing up my desk to come back to New York, I smiled at Keyboard Monkey as I put him back in the same pocket and said, "We're going home, buddy." And home we went. I think he likes it better in New York too.
I am adamant about the fact that Keyboard Monkey will follow me throughout my career, wherever that may take me, always on my keyboard, always reminding me to just relax. If that's not a sign of my obsessive need for something constant and stable in my life, I don't know what is.

It's always a good idea to have something that calms you at work. I have four lines in Japanese above a Kakashi picture that tells me not to lose it when I'm about to.
ReplyDelete