January 30, 2011

It's hip to be Squared

Day 30

When I started my job as a bank teller back in 2005, I didn't know I would be meeting one of my best friends. She wasn't even a coworker; she was a customer. I only lasted at that job six months before I went back to being a pharmacy tech - I was that miserable there. But I came away from it with an amazing friendship, and because of that, I will never regret it.

Michelle and I are alike in so many ways. Not only do we share the same name, but our birthdays are both in January, we're both Aquarians, both love butterflies and Tinkerbell, we are of German heritage, have an obsession with the bread at Outback Steakhouse, a bit of an anger management problem, and a love of Friendly's. We have been "Michelle Squared" for so long now that all of our friends refer to us simply as Squared. Whether they are talking about me, her, or both of us... we're just Squared. It fits.

Michelle has such a beautiful spirit and a heart of gold. She has been there for me through so much over the years, and I'm so lucky to have a friend like her.

Squared, I love you more than I can say.

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee Huey Lewis.

    You guys definitely make a pair! I enjoyed your scandalous dancing on Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete