January 6, 2011

Demon seed

Day 6

Luna doesn't hate Cody. She simply hates the fact that another feline exists. The fact that he has the nerve to exist anywhere near her - unacceptable. She wants him to know this is her place now. Nobody cares that he got here first. She's here now. Deal with it.

As of late, she has taken it upon herself to wait until the basement door opens, and then she runs like hell into the living room. Once there, she scoots under the coffee table and rather stubbornly looks at you from underneath, knowing it is impossible to get her out without an exhaustive effort. She just wants to prove that she has the run of the whole place, and there isn't a Goddamn thing anybody can do about it. Especially Cody. It has to be Cody's presence because when she gets loose upstairs, she is the most evil, nasty, vile cat on the planet. She screams if you try to pick her up, hisses, growls, bites and scratches. She normally has an attitude on her, but this is so far beyond her normal "cattitude."

Last night, she did the usual escape act, and I did the usual sprawl on the floor to reach under the table to try to grab her, using my hands and sometimes even my feet to move her into a position where I can get a grip on her. While she's under the table, she swats at me in a way that can almost pass as playful. As soon as I get ahold of her though, she transforms into a horrifying ball of sharp objects, unleashed to destroy our world as we know it.

The above photo is what she did to me last night when I finally caught her. I believe it was meant to be a mortal wound, but her aim was off. At least she knows it's "down the road, not across the street." I have to give credit where credit is due.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, that looks kind of painful. I wonder if Luna will ever get used to Cody? Maybe when she's over a year old?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of thing just makes me love my dogs more...

    ReplyDelete