January 7, 2011

Down in Fraggle Rock

Day 7

Shortly before we broke up for the final time, PXF told me I was just like Boober Fraggle. He had gotten me the boxed set of Fraggle Rock for my birthday, and as I was watching it one night, he made that comparison.

After watching so very many episodes of Fraggle Rock recently with my little cousin Danielle - probably the closest thing I'm ever going to have to a daughter - I came to realize something. It was not a compliment.

PXF did not tell me I reminded him of Boober because I was little and cute and often wore hats. (I wore hats much more frequently during my pixie cut days, but I think I should start wearing them again. I look good in hats.) No, he said I was like Boober because I'm an obsessive-compulsive germaphobe who actually likes doing laundry and goes on random cleaning sprees whenever the mood strikes. The germ fear has gotten much better over the years, but laundry I do still enjoy.

I suppose his conclusion that I'm more or less the human equivalent of Boober Fraggle was accurate. I did, after all, very nearly cry when I packed away my Dust Buster before my move back to New York from Florida. Never said I don't have issues.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, laundry is definitely one of the more enjoyable chores to do around the house. Where as cleaners smell harsh and can dry out your skin, detergent smells like flowery meadows.

    ReplyDelete