My friend Toni and I have a joke about cranky pants. They are imaginary pants that we pass back and forth when we're in a bad mood. I've been in possession of the cranky pants for the past few days. My mood started sliding downhill on Sunday, got a little worse yesterday, and spiked to intolerable today. "Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't breathe near me, don't even think about me" - that was pretty much my attitude all day. With the occasional axious moment, followed by a sad moment, and then right back to cranky. I'm hoping that this is the end of the cycle, and tomorrow I'll go back to the relatively good place I had been in. Not happy, but at least somewhat centered and balanced.
At the mention of cranky pants, my wonderful friend Dennis posted this on my Facebook page:

Dennis has known me for over ten years, and he always knows what will make me smile. He finds the most random things, and this is pretty damn random. But as soon as I saw it, I burst out laughing. I kept going back to look at it today to make myself smile when I was about to break.... brown down, break someone's face, break my computer... just break. And it made me happy. Thanks, Dennis. I can always count on you.
My coworkers also have the tendency to pick me up. We laugh a lot, and it helps to relieve the tightness in my chest.
Kathy texts me to remember to breathe. It shouldn't be a hard thing to remember to do, but lately it is. Katie texts to check upon me often, and Michelle goes out of her way to make me laugh.
I really do have some of the best people in my life. Even when I'm wearing the cranky pants.
Ha! Great pouty face! And that picture of whatever that may be is definitely very random.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that shot took like 4 takes. I kept looking more angry than cranky.
ReplyDelete