Day 15
Kathy & I passed each other on the dance floor for years and never spoke. She was a regular at Subculture, I was a somewhat regular, and we knew of each other, and that's where that ended.
At the end of the summer, we started talking one night outside at Whoville. I heard the word "ferret," which made me pause my own conversation, and butt my way into hers. At least she was talking to the guy I happened to be dating at the time, so it wasn't that weird. By my standards anyway.
Shortly thereafter, we became Facebook friends. I posted a picture of GIR playing Nintendo Wii, and an epic comment conversation followed, during which I learned that Kathy is not only a GIR fan, but she has a larger collection of GIR items than I do.
We had a nice day shopping and having lunch together yesterday. She was going to be in my blog picture for the day anyway, but imagine my excitement when she found GIR ears in Hot Topic. And she was willing to wear them in public with me. And take a picture of it. A picture which she knew would be online. This lady rocks.
Very cool headgear! I think it's awesome you two have a lot in common. Sounds like an fun friendship!
ReplyDelete