January 12, 2011

Snow Day

Day 12

I woke up to a foot of snow and a few texts from coworkers. Nobody was going in to work. I wasn't about to either. My PTO has to be pretty deep in the negative by now, but I was pretty deep in snow. Since this neighborhood clearly doesn't believe in things like plows or salt, there really wasn't any way I could get to work. So I went back to sleep. Luna appreciated this decision and took a nap on my back, which created a nice little heating pad effect for me. No complaints here.

I could have skipped all of this - the cold, the snow, the ice - and stayed in Florida. But I chose friends, comfort, and sanity over nice weather. And in making that decision, I've made quite the startling discovery - I don't hate snow anymore. I used to despise the mere thought of a single snowflake. Now I'm unphased by it. I don't mind the cold as much. It's just a part of being here. And being here is being home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like the snow now! It looks like Squared's love of the fluffy powder has rubbed off on you!

    ReplyDelete