January 21, 2011

Cupcakes!

Day 21

My awesome coworker, Kelly, made me cupcakes for my birthday. They were Funfetti - my favorite - and she even tried to use food coloring to make the inside purple, but it came out blue instead. She's the sweetest thing ever.

This girl helped keep me somewhat sane and grounded while I was miserable in Tampa. We would text and talk on Facebook, and she would often throw something funny into an email to make me laugh. It helped pull me through until I got back to New York.

Kelly caught the brunt of my bad juju on the way into work to bring me these cupcakes. I'm convinced it was my fault because she was carrying in cupcakes for my stupid birthday when she slipped on the ice and fell. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt, but her mother's plate wasn't so lucky, and a few of the cupcakes found a new home in the snow. I also owe her a cup of coffee for the one she lost in the name of my birthday cupcakes.

That aside, the cupcakes were delicious and a wonderful birthday treat. Yes, I ate a cupcake at 11:30 in the morning. And it was all I hoped it could be.

1 comment:

  1. That was a very nice thing she did for your birthday! It's great to have such cool coworkers!

    ReplyDelete