Day 26
"If you don't wear boots with traction, you might end up in traction." I have uttered this phrase many times lately while navigating an icy parking lot on the way to a club. I risk my life for fashion when going out on the town, but usually if it's a work day, I'm smart enough to wear my snow boots.
Last I heard, it was supposed to snow tonight. Not during the day. I didn't bother to check Weather Bug on my phone when I got up because I was running a little later than I wanted to, and damn it, it wasn't supposed to snow until tonight. Even my mother, who obsessively checks the weather, news, and other sources of impending doom, assured me on my way out the door that it was supposed to snow tonight. I was fine in these boots. These several year old boots that have worn off what little traction they had to begin with. They make wonderful dancing boots, by the way - easy to pivot and slide across the floor. As it turns out, also easy to slide across the ice.
On my way to work, it started snowing. It didn't stop snowing. By the time I was out of work, the parking lot was little more than an ice skating rink. I held onto the sides of my car as I slid rather clumsily around it, brushing off snow and scraping off ice. And I couldn't help but find the whole thing incredibly funny.
It was supposed to snow tonight - when I was inside, in my pajamas and fuzzy socks, watching Modern Family with Luna. It didn't quite work out that way.
My life is a comedy of errors.
Well it's a good thing you didn't fall! My walk up to the apartment is an incline so it was kind of fun to take two steps then slide back down. So when I saw your status update I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about. Glad you got home safe!
ReplyDelete