Day 20
I have been slightly obsessed with my Droid since I got it when my enV3 met with an untimely death. Or maybe it was timely because I was eligible for an early upgrade. But either way, I needed a new phone.
I walked into the Verizon store expecting to walk out with a Blackberry - I have fond memories of my old Blackberry helping me and PXF navigate Boston back in '09. There's a LiveJournal post about that somewhere, and as half tempted as I am to go back and search for it to post a link... I'm not going to.
Enter Joel, Verizon salesman extraordinaire, who was, coincidentally, from Boston. We got into a rather long-winded, anger-fueled conversation about Tampa drivers and how stupid and ridiculous they are. I've never in my life encountered the type of road rage Tampa drivers inspired in me, and I've got a hell of a temper.
Within 5 minutes, Joel had talked me out of a Blackberry and into a Droid. He whipped out his own Droid to show me all the cool and sometimes completely useless (but still cool) things I could do with this phone. When he showed me this, I was sold. I realize this has nothing to do with the phone itself. But it's cool. Like the phone. Shut up.
Now, after having the phone for several months, I can say I do truly love my Droid. It keeps me obsessively connected to my email, Facebook, and other such things I simply cannot live without. It also has Weather Bug, so I always know how ri-Goddamn-diculously cold it is outside. It has fun games like Angry Birds, a GIR soundboard, and a pretty good quality camera. It can probably do even more things that I don't know about and likely never will because I don't read instruction manuals. Oh well.
Definitely a cool phone.
ReplyDeleteAnd that Youtube vid was pretty funny. That is cosplaying at it's best right there. I like that they did it on the 6 and that they each got on at different stops. Thanks for sharing!