Day 25
This is my "Thank God it's over" head on the steering wheel moment when I got home tonight. There has been a vague looming dread about January 25th for weeks, ever since I learned that was the day I would get to finally meet my client of over a year.
Today started out with all the potential in the world to totally suck. And it didn't. Lisa, Lucille, and I really had no idea what to expect when we hopped a train to Manhattan. Navigation was all Lisa - I thank my lucky stars she was there. I also thank my lucky stars she helps me out with scheduling and she dove headlong into it like a trooper.
We were extremely well-received. I learned today that other people know I'm good at my job, and I pretty much felt like I had rockstar status for a few minutes there. Everyone knew me, and not only that, they had only nice things to say. It is a huge mental and emotional boost when all of your hard work gets rewarded. I had a similar feeling when people would write in to Positive about a catalog that I poured hours of my time and effort into, and they truly enjoyed the items and slogans we sat in meeting after meeting about, priced, placed, and mailed. It's nice to be appreciated.
Aside from that, I came away from today knowing that I could never work in the city while living on Long Island. I was so tired, my feet hurt, I felt dirty, and all I wanted in the whole world was a shower and my pajamas.
I could easily be a city girl, but I so couldn't handle being a commuter.
I am very happy for you and your awesome job skillz!
ReplyDeleteIt takes a certain type of self loathing to be a commuter especially when you have to take the LIRR all the way out to Smithtown. Did you like the 2 hour ride?