Day 13
I am, and have always been, a nerd.
I was the kid who got excited about book fairs in school. I would read at my desk before the bell rang in between classes. My love of reading was actually what made Katie start talking to me way back in the 7th grade because she couldn't fathom why I would read for enjoyment when we were forced to read so much in school already. Now I think she reads more than I do. It's funny how people and friendships evolve.
I have my favorite books and authors, but I'm always looking for another interesting read. Sadly, I don't have as much time as I would like to just sit quietly and read a good book. Although I think that allows me to enjoy it more when I do find the time. I read a lot on the flights between Florida and New York in those 3 months away from home. Now that I'm here for good, I just don't have the time, or maybe I don't make the time the way I should.
Maybe my love of reading sparked my love of writing. Maybe I just wanted to be part of something I loved so much, and bring something new to someone else who loves to read. Then again, maybe I'm just a brainy chick that digs books and learning. Either way, I'm a total bookworm, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I think it's cool that you're a bookworm. Have you ever tried to make a list of every book you've read? I think your list would be so looooong! How's the one you're reading now? Looks interesting.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's possible to make a list. I would leave out something somewhere... and then I'd have to start over... but I'm not obsessive like that or anything. The one I'm reading now I've been nursing since before I left for Florida. Sad, isn't it? It's a great book, it's called A Dirty Job, but I just don't have the time.
ReplyDelete