August 1, 2011

Game Slave 2

Day 213

It was really just a matter of keeping up with the Joneses. (By the way, the Kardashians can go F themselves; the Joneses got there first. How about you get famous for being talented and not just rich?) In this particular case, "the Joneses" were Doug, Jackie, and Harun, who could talk for hours about Guild Wars. I could only smile, nod, and pretend I had a clue for so long before I broke down and got the game. I couldn't help myself. I have a deep-seated love of all things RPG.

So this is the Guild Wars version of myself. This is what I think I would look like if I was a really hot Elementalist. The name I chose for myself is Yvaine Draco, because air is my favorite element (being an air sign and all), and stars are in the sky. Yvaine is the star's name in Stardust, and Draco is the name of a constellation. Yes, I really did put that much thought into my character name. I'm a writer; I can't help it. My mind works its way around names, personalities, and reasons for both almost automatically at this point.

I chose Mesmer as my second profession after a week-long attack of indecision between that and Necromancer. Doug approves my Elementalist/Mesmer decision - in fact, he was the one who convinced me to make it - so I feel pretty good about it. Sometimes all you need is a little validation. Besides, I already have a super cool name picked out for a Necromancer if I decide to make one at some point.

So there you have it - this is what has replaced Final Fantasy XIII when I'm having "you don't exist" time. You can usually find me on my couch, playing Guild Wars with some random Netflix selection playing in the background. Well, actually, no, you can't find me there. Because you don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment