August 28, 2011

Keys please

Day 240

I lost my keys tonight. Again. I was all set to head home from Doug's place to spend some quality time with Luna. The only problem was, my keys were nowhere to be found. We looked everywhere. No couch cushion was left unturned. We checked the driveway, his car, even shined a flashlight into my car. Nothing. I was almost in tears at this point. What's left to do but call Mom? She has my spare car key, and then I could get my landlords to let me into my apartment. We were all set to head out to Smithtown when Doug checked the last remaining unlikely place. With his arm plunged down to the elbow inside the recliner, I heard the faint jingle of keys and gasped hopefully. He nodded at me. "Got 'em." I stared at him awestruck as if he had just performed the world's most incredible magic trick as he pulled my keys from the depths of the chair and handed them to me. My boyfriend rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment