August 6, 2011

Harry Pooper

Day 218

My overall opinion of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2: LAME. I enjoyed Part 1, and Part 2 had its moments but for the most part, it kind of sucked.

I hated how they basically skipped over the death of one of the Weasley twins. Dobby had a more emotional death scene in Part One, even though he was just a house elf, and it made me cry. I figured the death of the twin was going to be heartbreaking because you'd think one of the wizards dying would be more traumatic than a house elf kicking the bucket, even a really awesome house elf like Dobby. Not so much.

The entire ending was an anticlimactic cop out. Voldemort couldn't kill Harry because of his mom's love for him? Seriously? I guess I had faith in the author to be more creative than that. A million stories have the exact same theme, and it's boring. Love conquers all, selfless sacrifices, blah blah. He spent the entire series whining about being the chosen one, when it turns out he wasn't chosen for anything.

The ultimate WTF moment was saved for the end where Harry just breaks the elder wand and throws it away. The most powerful wand ever and some 17 year old wimp snaps it like a twig? Really?! I felt like I was watching Randall's re-enactment of The Lord of The Rings from Clerks 2. Except way less funny.

And furthermore, who the hell ever ends up with their high school sweetheart? Oh, right, nobody. Harry has such an undeservedly big ego that he would ultimately resent Ginny for being a more powerful wizard. And the minute Hermione got to college and saw how many hot guys were after her, she would have dropped Ron like a bad habit. So yeah, I don't buy any of that crap either.

 Lame sauce lite.

2 comments:

  1. Glad I didn't really see it yet, glad to hear it wasn't as great as it was hyped up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was crap. Save your money and see something actually good. It's worth the watch, I suppose, just to say you've seen it, but I would wait for the DVD.

    ReplyDelete