I learned something today. When a girl gives a guy a "fake" number one digit off from hers, another poor girl gets the phone call. Today, I drew the short straw. I can understand why she gave this guy a phony number. He was not the sharpest tool in the shed. First I had to convince him that my name was not, nor has it ever been, Erin. Then I had to confirm that he and I had never met. Then I had to assure him that I was not one of Erin's friends or in any way associated with Erin. I finally had to just level with the guy. "Look dude... maybe she gave you the wrong number by mistake. But it's not likely. Chances are, she's just not into you. Let it go." To which I get back a weak, "Oh... sorry." Not as sorry as I am, pal. I can't get that wasted time of my life back. Erin dodged a bullet. Good for her. This crap only happens to me.
July 20, 2011
WTF?
I learned something today. When a girl gives a guy a "fake" number one digit off from hers, another poor girl gets the phone call. Today, I drew the short straw. I can understand why she gave this guy a phony number. He was not the sharpest tool in the shed. First I had to convince him that my name was not, nor has it ever been, Erin. Then I had to confirm that he and I had never met. Then I had to assure him that I was not one of Erin's friends or in any way associated with Erin. I finally had to just level with the guy. "Look dude... maybe she gave you the wrong number by mistake. But it's not likely. Chances are, she's just not into you. Let it go." To which I get back a weak, "Oh... sorry." Not as sorry as I am, pal. I can't get that wasted time of my life back. Erin dodged a bullet. Good for her. This crap only happens to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd rather get that call then the ones I was getting every night at 10pm in Smithtown. It was a girl looking for her drug dealer. When I wouldn't pick up she would leave really long messages about "needing stuff". I don't understand why she would think a girl singing her voicemail really badly was her MALE drug dealer.
ReplyDeleteoh no lol. I did that a long time ago. When I used to drink I had this guy buy me drinks the whole night and than gave him the fake phone number one digit off after saying goodbye to him. It was mean of me, I was young though.
ReplyDelete