July 24, 2011

Gimpy

Day 205

I hurt my leg running on the treadmill at the gym the other day, and I've been in a crazy amount of pain. Standing, walking, pointing my toes - no bueno. This is my makeshift ice pack because Luna destroyed the real ice pack. She ripped the damned thing open, and there was gel crap all over the floor. That was a fun mess to clean up. Thanks Lu. So now I'm sans ice pack and have to make due with this. The alternative, of course, is to not hurt myself, but I know that is simply impossible. This is me we're talking about - the uber klutz. However, I don't think that I will be running again any time soon. I'll just stick to the elliptical.

1 comment:

  1. Eh, running isn't for everyone. I did it competitively for 6 years, took a break for over a decade, and now I've returned and it's taken 3 years to find a steady rhythm. It's hard work and injuries are just the norm, the minute one feels better another starts. Running every now and then will make injuries flare up more often then if you run on a regular basis. If you're serious about running I recommend a starting program like the one Jenn is doing through GLIRC.

    ReplyDelete