The good people over at Netflix have given me a choice. I have the option to A) only receive DVDs in the mail, B) only have unlimited streaming, or C) continue to get both for double the price. I think this is poop. First of all, I was happy with my plan, and now they're messing with it for no good reason. Secondly, I'm horrible at making decisions. Of all the things adding to my anxiety, now I have to worry about Netflix? Really?
So I sat down and gave it some thought. I like the fact that it only took me about 3 minutes to make a final decision. If only it was always that easy. I decided to go with Option B - unlimited streaming. I spend so much more time streaming movies and TV shows through the Nintendo Wii than I do actually watching a DVD I've received through the mail. Lately, the DVDs have been sitting untouched on my TV stand for weeks at a time because it's easier to stream something than to actually put a DVD into the XBox. (Yes, I'm really lazy. Deal with it.) Besides, the Wii and the XBox are hooked up differently, so I have to unplug and replug everything from the back of the TV to switch from one to the other. It's a process.
So I'm saying goodbye to the familiar red envelopes and saving myself a few bucks every month. Not that Netflix is all that expensive, but every dollar counts.
That's a good choice since there are so many TV shows on there but sometimes they only have one or two seasons and you HAVE to get the DVDs. They always find a way to screw you.
ReplyDeleteI get around that with laziness. If I can't stream something, I just pretend the series ended. Take that, Netflix!
ReplyDelete