July 26, 2011

Wanna ride bikes?

Day 207

I hate the stationary bike with a passion. I will avoid it at any cost. Give me a real bicycle any day, but I hate this fake biking nonsense.

It reminds me of when I was in physical therapy for my knees because they always made me do the bike to strengthen my quads. So my quads got stronger, and I still had bad knees. Go figure. I liked the heat pack part, and even the electric stimulation wasn't so bad, but I always dreaded the bike.

Of all the machines in the gym, the bike makes me feel the most like a hamster on a wheel. It's boring as hell, and it doesn't burn as many calories as the treadmill or the elliptical.

I also have basically no butt, which means there's not a whole lot of padding between my bony butt and the seat. It gets kind of painful after a while.

Unfortuantely, the bike was the only cardio I could do today that didn't bother my still somewhat injured leg. The treadmill was obviously out because even just walking is painful. I lasted about 10 minutes on the elliptical before I decided that was a bad idea. So I was left with the stupid bike as my only option.

Meh.

2 comments:

  1. Physical therapy was so much fun for my knees and so boring for my back. While you got the bike I got the elliptical which I hate! Too weird! Do you have a real bike? If you do, once I get one would you be interested in going with me sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually read if I do cardio biking at the gym, it helps make it less boring. I haven't had a gym membership in awhile, the eliptical and treadmill were a little hard to read on because the movement was so fast.

    ReplyDelete