February 22, 2011

On the side of angels

Day 53

I don't wear yellow gold. I actually hate yellow gold. Give me white gold, platinum, even sterling silver, anything but yellow gold. I'm even allergic to yellow gold, or at least I used to be. I got my ears pierced 3 times with yellow gold when I was little, and they kept getting infected. We finally tried it with surgical steel, and that did the trick. I must have really wanted pierced ears...

This ring is the only one I make an exception for. I never wear yellow gold... but Grandma did. I've been wearing it a lot lately, to remember her during her birth month, and also because amethyst is supposed to be calming and absorb negative energy. I need all the help I can get. If there was any way Grandma could help, I know she would, so in some small way, wearing this ring nearly constantly is her way of trying to help me. Or maybe it's my perception of her trying to help me. Either way, it provides some small sense of comfort, and I'll take what I can get right now.

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful ring and I'm glad you are able to wear it. I know she's looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete