Day 40
When I got home today, I immediately headed for my bed. I needed a heating pad on my shoulders and Buffy The Vampire Slayer on TV. That was my big plan for the evening - a whole lot of nothing - and I really needed it after my incredibly long and stressful day.
I'm convinced that somehow Luna just knows when I need her. She knows when I need to cuddle, when I need to smile or laugh, and the rest of the time, she's just evil. Her halo balances perfectly on her horns. I wonder where she gets that from...
While I was staring blankly at the television, hoping the heat would make the tension in my shoulders release just a little bit, Luna jumped up on the bed. She started kneading the fuzzy blanket, then the kittens in a row blanket, then she moved up to sniff around the body pillow, the remote control, my phone... She cares, but she doesn't want me to notice that she cares. So she took her sweet time, finally curling up on my stomach to snooze. She must have seen the look on my face, or the way I sighed defeatedly, or something, because she got up, walked up my body, and licked my nose. The smile I needed finally came out.
And then she bit me.
HAhahahahahaha sorry I have to laugh at the ending. Hope the bite wasn't bad, just a love bite!
ReplyDelete