Day 45
Luna was my Valentine this year. Judging from the look on her face, I don't think she wanted to be. I don't blame her.
Valentine's Day is a fake holiday anyway, and all it does is make unloved people feel even worse than usual about being unlovable.
With a little help from my mom, Luna got me a Valentine's Day card and three pairs of cat-themed socks. I appreciated the effort, even though all it really did was emphasize the fact that I'm alone. I'm not really a fan of that state of being.
Better luck next year.
Michelle you are very loved, never forget that. I still get Valentines from my parents too and I think I would be sad if I didn't! They were always our first Valentines as kids so it's really cute that your mom tried to mask her gift from the cat.
ReplyDelete