February 20, 2011

Mister, we are the weirdos

Day 51

I became a part of the Marvels RPG back in the spring of 2008. Somehow, we ended up taking several extended breaks from this game, and a few scattered attempts to pick it up again. Meet the latest attempt. Currently, we're trying to take down something resembling a meth lab, but the chemicals are something else altogether.

Justin runs the game, so his role is pretty much God. He can put us into any situation he chooses, and draws cards to decide the outcome, and sometimes it makes him gleefully laugh. Which is probably totally what God does.

Heather's character has rhino strength. When baddies attack, she'll bulk up in full spikey armor to take them on. My character is a rabid cheerleader. So not only will I bite you and infect you with rabies, I'll bust out some seriously cool acrobatic moves before I do it. And then I'll do a cheer for the rest of the team. Steve's character has the power of illusion, so he can conjure up any kind of glamour to get us out of sticky situations.  Katie's character has the gift of alchemy, and this week, she was able to pick a lock for us in no time flat. Rachel's character... what the hell does Rachel do? Anyone? Adam's character is a variation on Gumby meets Stretch Armstrong. All parts of his body are bendable and stretchy. Yes, it gets interesting very quickly...

When you add into that crazy mix the awesomeness of pizza, beer, and a myriad of baked goodies, you've got a terrific night with fun friends. Justin was even sweet enough to get all of the girls a rose. Even though he probably wanted to give them to Steve instead.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I like your take on Justin being God. And you're probably right about the rose thing. They definitely have a bromance going on.

    I don't know what Rachel's power is called but I know she can zap people with electricity and her brawling move is to punch men in the balls.

    I liked how you described all of us, very funny! I think yall are getting together this weekend and I am so totally jealous I'm missing it!

    ReplyDelete