May 18, 2011

Teeter

Day 138

The last time I had to look presentable for work was about 40 pounds ago. Now that I have to look like a human being again, I've had problems finding anything that still fits me, but I do still have some clothing items from back in the day that I feel bad not wearing.

I thought these pants fit a little better than they did. Since I don't have a belt, I wore super high heels to make up for it so the bottom of the pants didn't drag on the ground. I realize this is not how most people handle things, but it made sense at 8:30 in the morning when I was trying to get my act together and to work on time.

By the time I got to the office, it made a whole lot less sense. By lunch time, I remembered why I vehemently dislike these shoes. And by the time I was out of work, I had absolutely no idea what I was thinking by wearing these stupid things. They're slightly too big, they hurt my feet, and I have to retrain myself on the difficult task of walking every time I get up from my chair.

However, the bottom of my pants did not get wet in the puddles I had to (rather slowly) walk through. So, technically, I did accomplish my goal by wearing these dreadful shoes. Who's smarter than me?

3 comments:

  1. I like you recreating the teetering motion. And when have you ever been 40 pounds heavier? Please, you've always been so skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about 165 in '09. Somebody really should have slapped the fork out of my hand. That was ridiculous. Round is not a good look for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heels look so good...but hurt so bad

    ReplyDelete