Day 146
A few years ago, I lost myself. I wasn't sure where I was, but I just wasn't there anymore. It wasn't so much a quest to find myself again as it was a blind stumble through confusion and uncertainty.
The latter part of 2010 helped put me in the mindframe to change that. From late summer on, I made a genuine effort to figure myself out - who I was and who I wanted to be. I made some good progress and laid the groundwork for the necessary changes.
2011 has proven to be the year I finally got my shit together. I got a great job in marketing in March. I moved into my own place in April. I did a lot of soul searching. I found myself. I'm Michelle again, and I know who that is, and I like me.
I'm the girl in the super cute outfit, toting a laptop and a Smart Phone. I'm independent and self-sufficient. I have a great job and a nice apartment. I go to the gym regularly. I've found my confidence, and it feels great. I love my friends, and my life, and there's only one last missing piece. It's nice to take a deep breath and a look around and realize you're right where you want to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment