Day 149
Toni is one of my favorite people. Unfortunately, we do not get to hang out as often as I would like. Hopefully that will change now that the weather is nicer and we live practically around the block from each other.
Toni and I met a few years ago through PXF. I don't know if he suspected we would get along quite as well as we did. It was pretty much an instantaneous bond. She's one of the few people I feel like I can tell anything to. She's a good egg.
When she invited me to a pool party to celebrate her adorable cat Pistachio's first birthday, the world not ending on May 21st, and the gorgeous weather predicted for Memorial Day weekend, I jumped at the chance. I invited Clem to go along with me, and by the time I picked him up from the train station, I could tell he was in a giddy mood and ready to have fun.
I really had a great time, drinking and eating... and drinking some more. I met so many nice, fun people. Unfortunately, I felt it was too cold to go swimming in the pool, so that was a waste of a bikini wax. I never even took my shorts off. That resulted in an odd looking tan line. Well, that's not entirely true; I took my shorts off to put jeans on later in the night when I got cold. But other than being disappointed that I didn't just suck it up and jump in the pool, I had an absolute blast. Toni is a great hostess, and Pistachiopocalypse 2011 was a big success!
No comments:
Post a Comment