May 28, 2011

Color me happy

Day 148

It's hard to believe that with the amount of time I've spent getting my nails done over the years, I've never gotten a pedicure. But up until today, I was a pedicure virgin. Katie was nice enough to take me for my very first pedicure, and she gave me a coupon to get a mani/pedi for $20. Bonus!

It felt so good to have my feet in the warm, swirling water. I thought I wouldn't like the filing and cuticle clipping, but I really didn't mind it. Then they exfoliated my feet and calves with a nice sea salt scrub. Next, they used lotion to massage into my feet and calves, and then as a special treat, they continued the massage with hot stones. It was lovely. I picked out a summery purple color, which ended up matching my flip flops perfectly.

I loved my first pedicure experience, and it may have to become a bi-weekly indulgence along with the manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment