May 5, 2011

She's lucky she's cute

Day 125

I made the mistake of leaving the top drawer of my night table open when I took out my nail file. Luna decided this was a terrific opportunity to not only poke around the drawer and sniff everything, but to actually go behind the drawer and slide down into the drawer below.

I closed the top drawer - carefully, of course, lest she still be behind it - and opened the bottom drawer. She wasn't there. I feel like I ask the following question a little too often, especially being that I live in a studio apartment: "Where the hell is the cat?"

I got down on my hands and knees to peer behind the bottom drawer. A tiny little "who me?" face blinked her pretty eyes at me. I've gotten over wondering how she gets into the random places she does. It just happens. She must have gotten ninja training before I adopted her.

I tried to coax her out from behind the drawer and into it, so I could easily scoop her out. She thought that was funny. She swatted at my hand through the small space between the bottom and top drawers. I tried toys, shaking the ones that make noise, and dangling others in front of her. Either she didn't care, or she did a very good job of pretending she didn't.

I pulled out the damn drawer. Her expression clearly stated, "Okay, so now what?" I tried the toys again. She looked at me like I was a total moron. I finally just gave up and reached in to grab her. She demonstrated quite clearly what she thought of that plan. It's her little feline way of saying "GFY," and I must say, it's certainly more effective than the human equivalent of giving the finger.

1 comment:

  1. LOL Very funny entry. I liked the line leading up to "Where the hell is the cat" part. And Holy Hell that's a bite and a half!

    ReplyDelete