March 27, 2011

Shenanigans

Day 86

I have some of the best friends in the entire world. Katie sent me a text message earlier in the day to invite me over, then sent me another text message to remind me that she had sent me a text message. She's awesome like that. I showed up just as Steve was leaving to get the pizza, so we waved to each other as we drove past one another in the parking lot. Jon and Paul were already there when I showed up. Steve came back with the pizza, and we watched some Dexter episodes. Next to arrive was Heather, followed by Justin. Katie cooked five pounds of wings in varying degrees of spiciness. I even ate some, despite the fact that I'm not a big wing fan - so that's a definite compliment to Kate's cooking ability. I shared the couch and a fuzzy blanket with Heather, and she shared half of her "baldie" cookie with me, which I haven't had since I was a kid. That's a chocolate chip cookie, sans chocolate chips, for those who aren't in the know. We all watched Clerks 2, which is a hysterical flick on its own, but when you add it to our silly crew, it's even funnier. Heather even made a sign on a Post-It that said "DONKEY" to commemorate this epic viewing of the movie. As I was setting up for this picture, Katie warned me that the mantle might actually fall on me, but I scoff in the face of danger, plus I'm magic, so it didn't collapse. Paul was not in my self picture until the last second when he dove right in. He's a funny guy. I'm impressed he got in the shot on such short notice. Nobody even cared that I was wearing pajamas and you could probably totally see my red and white candy striped underwear through my plaid pants. I love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Well I am glad you had a good time AND enjoyed the wings! That makes me very happy! I know you announced the state of your underwear but I assure you I could not see it through your pants.

    ReplyDelete