March 20, 2011

High Anxiety

Day 79

I was doing pretty well until my nerves found the overdrive switch. Now I'm fretting over the new job I'm starting tomorrow. What if I forgot every marketing skill I ever learned? (I know that's ridiculous, as I can recall specific things I did at previous jobs.) What if I'm not cut out for this at all anymore? (Also ridiculous because I've wanted back into this field practically since the day I got out.) What if they hate me? (Not likely - I'm pretty awesome.) But regardless of the fact that I can counter all of my paranoid self-doubting questions with fairly rational answers, I'm still more than a little bit nervous. I guess that's normal before starting a new job, but I could really do without all of this nervous energy.

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great! And I think it's totally normal that you're nervous. If you were totally confident it may have backfired when you walked in there.

    ReplyDelete