December 25, 2011

All I want for Christmas is you!

Day 359

Out of all the things I wanted for Christmas, these were definitely in the top five. Journeys makes mismatched socks, and you can mix and match them any way you want. This appeals to my fun child like side and also my love of socks. Doug came through in a big way with this gift. He got me a nice little pile of truly lovely and thoughtful gifts for Christmas, but I have to say this was probably the most exciting. As an added bonus, guess what these socks do. Go ahead, guess. They glow in the dark! Honestly, could there be cooler socks on the face of the planet? I think not. I'm sure there are those readers out there (of the few I have) making a funny face at their computer screen and wondering what the hell is wrong with me. They're just socks. Nobody gets excited about receiving socks for Christmas. They're the lamest of lame gifts; the "oh gee thanks, where's the next gift?" gift; the gift you get simply because they can't all be winners. But I disagree with all of that. I'm the proud minority. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love socks. I'm aware that it's not normal. In fact, it may not even be entirely healthy. But I'm not hurting anybody, and everyone who knows me well has come to regard my sock infatuation with an ounce of calm affection for the things they cannot (and likely would not) change.

1 comment:

  1. socks are much coolness. I like tights a little bit better and invest in pairs of funky, patterned or tights that aren't a typical black or nude color quite often. if your sock love makes you happy it's not harmful. It's much better then other addictions.

    ReplyDelete