December 30, 2011

They can't all be winners, kid.

Day 364

The Keurig is packed, and the little regular coffee maker lives at Doug's, and even if it didn't, I don't have any regular coffee. I had gotten Starbucks gift cards for Christmas, so that's where I headed.

All I really wanted was a Creme Brulee Latte to get me through the rest of my packing. I chose the drive through Starbucks on Stewart Avenue, because one would tend to think the drive through would be faster. One would think wrong. It took forever to even get up to the menu so I could give them my order. And then they were out of the Creme Brulee flavor. So I dealt with my disappointment, took a deep breath, and ordered a Peppermint Mocha instead. And then they apparently started making my drink. Maybe they had to stop to milk the cows, or they got confused about the recipe, or they had to wait for the Peppermint Fairy to come, whatever, but you really shouldn't keep a coffee addict waiting. They tend to get cranky.

Do you know how when you really want something and have to settle for something else that you might like just as much, but you're still annoyed because it wasn't what you originally wanted? Yes, that was me today. I drank most of it during my last ditch packing effort before the movers come tomorrow. It sat on the bookshelf. I would scowl at it. Take a skip. Go back to scowling. I really wanted that Creme Brulee Latte. No fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment