November 27, 2011

Linus

Day 331

This is the scarf that my cousins bought for me for Christmas last year. They figured that since I had just moved back from Florida, I could use some warm clothing items. They were right. 

I bonded to this scarf right away. I was going through a very tough time in my life last Christmas that lasted straight through to May. This scarf rarely left my neck. I would take my coat off, but not the scarf. It was my security blanket of sorts. The only time I didn't have it on was at bed time when I had Luna, my neck heating pad, and a plethora of pillows to make me feel better. 

When Kathy first gave me the GIR pin she had, it went on the scarf. (It now resides on my makeup case.) 

I don't have the same attachment to the scarf this year because I'm not in that emotionally awful place. But when I found it mixed in with my winter things, it made me happy. A feeling of calm came over me when I put it on, and maybe it was just the love of my family keeping me warm and safe last winter. 

Or maybe I just form unhealthy bonds to inanimate objects.


Lucy: You think you're so smart with that blanket. What are you going to do with it when you grow up?
Linus: Maybe I'll make it into a sport coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment