November 20, 2011

Can I be a mongoose dog?

Day 324

I'm in a GIR hat, so you know what that means! It's a Kathy & Michelle shopping excursion!

We started the afternoon off at Panera for lunch, and then stopped in some stores that were in the same shopping center. I got fuzzy Christmas pajamas. That's how I roll.

Then we went across the street to the Sunrise Mall. The point of this entire shopping trip was so Kathy could get sneakers for hiking in Costa Rica. She has a nearly impossible-to-find shoe size. We searched high and low, and the few pairs she actually tried on weren't right in some way. As we trudged into the last shoe store, we were both feeling a little bummed. It didn't seem likely that we would accomplish our shoe mission.

Then I spotted them - nice sneakers that looked like they'd hold up well for hiking and they were in her size. Hot damn! By the time I got them over to Kathy, the salesgirl had picked out a different shoe for her. Hmph. But all's well that ends well, and in the end, Kathy took home the shoes I had picked out for her. They will have a lovely trip to Costa Rica.

To celebrate, we stopped into Hot Topic where I tried on the fun GIR hat. I actually didn't have a choice in the matter. Kathy decided it needed to be on my head, and so there it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment