November 14, 2011

Butterflies are free

Day 318

I bought this ring for myself shortly after I called off my wedding. After having a ring on my left ring finger for a year and a half, I felt naked without one. It bothered me.

I chose this ring for three reasons. 1) It was cheap. 2) It was much lighter than a one carat diamond ring, so it made the transition to wearing nothing on that finger easier. Sort of like training wheels, in a way. And 3) Butterflies are free. That was all I wanted - freedom from PXF and all of the drama and chaos that came with him.

Now I just really like the ring. I love butterflies. Plus it reminds me of what an excellent decision I made when I finally ditched that loser for good. So many things have finally come to light and fallen into place, and it all makes perfect sense. I'm so incredibly happy I didn't marry him. Next time (if there is a next time), I'm going to do it right. I'm going to be in love and happy, and he won't be a total douche bag. I hear the third time is a charm.

5 comments:

  1. PXF? What does the X stand for? I hear the third time is a charm too. Here is to a douche bag free life for everyone who deserves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It started out as Pig Ex Fiance, and then got shortened to PXF. It was a reference from The Princess Bride. I can't take credit for it though - someone who holds a very special place in my heart came up with it. But I feel that the nickname fits my ex well, so it kind of stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Men. Alot of them are dirt bags. It is a shame we have to go through most of them to find the one that is meant for us. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good you are free of him! I was not engaged to my ex before Shawn but we were together for 3 and a half years. I'm glad I broke free too because I wouldn't have had a great 9 months of single life and then I wouldn't have ended up with Shawn who is the best thing to have ever happened to me. Here's to freedom and much better things ahead for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Diana. I'm so happy for you that you have found The One. Sometimes it takes kissing a whole lot of frogs before you find the prince. :)

    ReplyDelete