November 23, 2011

Happily ever after

Day 327

This evening was spent at the Smithtown Landing Country club to celebrate Jackie and Harun's wedding. The ceremony was lovely, even though it was oustide and sooo cold! They played the music that Doug wrote when Jackie walked down the aisle, and it takes my breath away every time I hear it. He is so talented. I had trouble with containing the crying during the vows, but I muddled through without any makeup disasters. 

The cocktail hour was nice, and I had a lot of fun with the guys of Finespun, and of course Krystal and Lee. Are we the ladies of Finespun now? Is that how it works? 

Jackie and Harun's wedding was hands down the best wedding I have ever been to. I don't think I know anyone at this point who is planning a wedding, but they would be hard pressed to beat out this one. I had an absolute blast and a half. I know Doug did too. They even had an old fashioned photo booth in the back! Too much fun! Then, for the last hour of the night, Matt took over the DJ booth and played all of "our" music. It was awesome! I never thought I would get to dance to our kind of music at a wedding.

I initiated Matt's boss into the goth scene. It was just the 282 pound from back in the day freshman year of college. But I remember feeling kind of special when I learned it. So I showed it to him and said, "That's it, you're in!" I love initiating people who have no idea what's going on.

Jackie showed up for that portion of the evening in a red version of her wedding dress, pulled up in the front so you could see her infamous stomp-stomp boots. The girl's got style.

We all had such an amazing time at the wedding. It was truly the most fun I have ever had at a wedding. I wish nothing but the best for Jackie & Harun. I hope they have many, many years together of love, laughter, and busting into Doug's apartment with ice cream at all hours of the night. Especially that last part.

No comments:

Post a Comment