November 12, 2011

I was the turkey all along!

Day 316

Kathy invited me over for a pre-Thanksgiving turkey dinner. She's a wonderful hostess. I had a really nice time. She even let me borrow comfy fuzzy clothes because I had forgotten mine at home.

We started out the evening by watching the Invader Zim episode where GIR ingeniously disguises himself as a turkey. Somewhere in the middle of that, we broke out the wine. Not only was it rather delicious red wine; it was penguin wine. Seriously, it was called The Little Penguin. It had a picture of a penguin on it, and little penguin feet on the top. They stomped those grapes just for me. True story.

Kathy brought out the amazing feast she had spent the day preparing, and we commenced the great foodening. It's a thing. After we had gorged ourselves on the delicious meal, we made our way back to the living room to watch The Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special.

We ended the night with home made apple pie. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment