October 1, 2011

A new adventure

Day 274

People have told me for years that I should be a model. Flattered as I was, I always kind of shrugged it off. I never thought my looks were anything special. A little above average, maybe, but even that might be pushing it.

Maybe my friends finally got into my head. Or maybe I simply rediscovered my self-confidence. But for whatever reason, I sent an application and a picture to a modeling talent agency... who called me back the very next day.

I went into Manhattan to meet with them today. I was highly impressed - with the company, the people, the entire atmosphere. I knew right away that this was something I wanted to pursue.

I am holding in my hand a card that states I have an appointment to go back tomorrow for their final decision. So no matter what, I made it through the first round. I'm happy with that.

I feel good about how today went, and I'm excited for tomorrow. I don't expect to be the next big deal, but this is something I have thought about trying for a long time, and I think it could be a lot of fun.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment