October 20, 2011

Crankypants Happy Hour

Day 293

Toni and I met at Palmer's after work. It was just that kind of day.

We sat outside because we are just that desperately clinging to our fun summer nights. We have a bit of a hard time letting go. Our refusal to accept the fact that it is clearly fall was eventually overridden by the fact that I could no longer feel my fingers or toes.

We went back to my place to relax inside where there is heat without having to deal with a loud and crowded bar. I cooked sweet and sour chicken for dinner. I'm a good little wife.

I guess we have to accept it - summer 2011 is officially over. I'm sad to see it go. It was a great season. I usually enjoy the fall, but not so much this year.

Soon enough, we'll be having Crankypants Support Group meetings huddled under blankets with a foot of snow outside. Terrific. I'll have the crankypants deluxe with extra cranky sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment