Day 282
Doug's cousins threw him a very nice birthday dinner today. I enjoyed spending my Sunday with cool, relaxed people and an adorable three year old boy.
Debbie and Sue made delicious ravioli for dinner, and we had ice cream cake for dessert, complete with birthday candles and singing. Doug opened his presents, and it was wonderful to see the happiness on his face. It made me feel happy too. We played Apples to Apples, which is always fun. I took that opportunity to bring up the picture for the blog since we were all in the same room, and I got the usual reaction.
"Oh no, a picture?"
"Wait, a blog?"
I should really stop springing this on people. Especially people I have just met. Just because I find it amusing to take pictures in which I look horrible or silly, then post them online and write about them doesn't mean everyone else shares my joy.
Doug indulged me, likely only because he felt obligated. Although a picture of me all alone in someone else's kitchen could have been kind of funny.I give a ton of credit to anyone who can put up with my shenanigans on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment