September 19, 2011

Group

Day 262

On my way to the Crankypants Support Group tonight, the tire pressure light came on as I was driving down Hempstead Turnpike. I rolled my eyes, thinking it was the usual problem. My car is stupid, and it has a habit of flashing the tire pressure light at me when the weather drops below 70 degrees. Apparently, it's a common Nissan problem, because I remember Katie telling me that Steve's car did it too.

After making the turn at the gas station, I realized that it wasn't just my car's stupidity. Stupid doesn't make that noise and pull to the right really hard. By the time I rolled up to Toni's house, my front right tire was making a fun thump-thump-thump noise. Crankypants? Yeah, I was definitely wearing a pair of those.

"I don't even really know how to change a tire!" I exclaimed after telling Toni what had happened.

"I've done it..." Toni's sentence trailed off. Not very encouraging.

But, I figured, we're intelligent people. How hard could it be?

We decided to have a few drinks and then tackle the tire problem. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Toni presented me with the gift she had bought for me in Italy - a beautiful dip pen with a bottle of purple ink. It is such a thoughtful gift, and I absolutely love it. She chose the perfect present for me. She's so sweet; I love her.

Instead of attempting to change the tire ourselves, Toni ultimately decided to enlist the help of her tenant, Ted, who also happens to be my friend/old co-worker's boyfriend. Talk about a small world. It was a very funny night when I realized that Toni's tenant Ted is also Karen's boyfriend Ted. So Toni and I stood outside and tried to learn something while Ted changed the tire.

"Wow, could you imagine us trying to do this ourselves?" I asked Toni. Our eyes met, and we cracked up. Asking Ted for help was definitely the way to go.

We discovered where the hole in my tire was. It looks like I ran over a nail, so it should be able to be repaired. Until then, I get to drive around with this stylish donut. Ghetto fabulous.

Stay tuned for more updates from the Crankypants Support Group. There's never a dull moment, and we always have more than enough cranky to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment