Day 249
By the way, I'm coming over in sweatpants. That was the last text I sent to Toni before I headed over to her house. I was already in my pajamas. It was raining. No way I was changing.
When I arrived, Toni opened the door before I got the chance to knock. Even though she was wearing sweatpants of her own, she looked entirely unhappy and greeted me with a curt, "Hi."
I laughed, which made her laugh. Progress. "What's wrong?"
"The pool is overflowing, and the pool guys won't come because it's raining."
"That's just stupid."
"I know."
With that, we trooped out back to pump some water out of the pool before her entire back yard became the pool. I helped her straighten all the kinks out of the hose because if it's not straight it will explode when the water goes through it. Apparently she's lost a few hoses that way. Finally, she turned the pump on, and I followed the water through the hose to make sure it was working. I was abnormally excited to see the pool water coming out of the end of the hose and into the street. By "abnormally excited," I mean jumping up and down while yelling, "It's working, Toni, it's working!" Sometimes I get a little over-stimulated.
The moment Toni opened the back door, Pistachio made his escape. Damn it. Back outside into the rain we went, this time to catch the cat, who really didn't care that it was raining and was simply thrilled to be running around outside. Toni finally cornered him, and we got him back inside.
As soon as I took my sneakers off, P-stash stuck his head right in. We thought that maybe he smelled Luna and wondered if she might be inside the shoes. But maybe he just knew he was in trouble for running outside and was applying the ostrich theory.


No comments:
Post a Comment