June 14, 2011

Tech

Day 165

I might as well get my work laptop surgically attached to me. Most of the imporant stuff is on it, though I still have to work on transfering over more stuff from my main desktop computer at work. It comes with me everywhere, and I've made people actually sit through demos so I can practice. I have my neat little index cards that I use to walk my way through the demos. They're like a security blanket at this point. I can't do a demo without my cards. I'm also constantly connected to my email, not only through this laptop, but through my phone. I can work on mailing lists and newsletters from the comfort of my couch. Most people dread the idea of having to bring work home, but I really don't mind it. Some days, I'm downright happy about it. Having worked where I did for over a year, wasting my potential away, feeling terrible about myself because I knew I was better than what that job was giving me... taking work home every once in a while is small price to pay. I make good money at a stable company, doing work that pertains to my college degree, and I work for and with great people. I'm very happy professionally, and that was one of my goals when I decided it was time to pull my life back together, so I'm doing pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment